Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

I'm going to get preachy...

I went to my parents ward today 
{my old ward which I love and miss}
Because the primary program was today.
3 of the little angels were in the program so of course I had to go.

{Church has been a bit of a struggle for me. Not having a calling since I got released from YW, going to a singles ward and being one of the oldest...I'll be kicked out in less than 4 months. Trying to find my "place" in this whole thing. But I have gone, even though it's been a struggle}

So...
they of course sang the cutest songs
one of them was one that I had heard for years.
But
Isn't it funny how a song can touch you in a totally different way even if you have heard it what seems like over a hundred times.

"My life is a gift; my life has a plan.
My life has a purpose; in heav'n it began.My choice was to come to this lovely home on earthAnd seek for              God's light to direct me from birth.


This song made me think...
even though life can be hard and challenging at times.
And we have some days where we just want to throw in the towel.
Our life is a gift.
Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us and if we go to him for guidance he will direct us in the right path. Even if we have some obstacles and hurdles along the way.

1 comment:

~Emily~ said...

I LOVE this as a reminder!! xoxo