Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Marathon

They say hard work pays off! Well, on September 19th I embarked on a journey I never thought possible! I ran a FULL MARATHON!!!! It was by far the hardest thing I have ever done in my life!
I had a wonderful support system there to help me a long the way...
Mom, Dad, Lorianne, Julianne, Jeff and Shelly! I couldn't have made it without those guys. :)
Shelly made a big sign that said "My Best Friend Rocks" and then had a T-shirt that read... "My Best Friend can run 26 miles can yours?" Lorianne also had a shirt that said "Run Fat Girl Run".
At about mile 23 I thought to myself, why would anyone one willingly do this to themselves!? But After I crossed that finish line... It all made sense!!!
My running friend Stacy, Lacy and Stacy's husband fell behind a little during the race so I ended up running most of it alone. But I met some pretty awesome people a long the way!








It was SOOO worth it! Don't know if I will ever run another FULL Marathon, but the feeling of accomplishment is worth a million bucks! :)

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

that's so awesome. i love all the support you had. i'm kind of sad i didn't do a marathon this year. you should think about ogden next year. i think i'm going to run it. good thing you ran the marathon so you could be all trained to hop on our ragnar team.

Lindsey Stubler said...

Suzie! I'm so glad that you posted about your marathon. It's an indiscribable feeling for sure, and it definitely makes all those training runs worth it, huh! I'm proud of you because it's a huge accomplishment and you did something that most people say is impossible. Good job!

wjmom said...

You amaze me. Congratulations!

Brent and Luanne said...

Somethings wrong with this picture! Shelly took the picture, but she should have been in the picture instead of me since she made the awesome sign!!!