It started out Thursday evening when we met at this kids house to drive down to mesquite! I was really scared and freaked out! BUT...the group of people i was put with were awesome! I totally clicked with everyone and felt comfortable right away... this is something that was way out of my comfort zone and i was super proud of myself for doing it!
Friday morning we got up and met van #1 at a check point. It was about 12:30pm and it was getting really HOT! It was in the desert of Nevada.. (It doesn't get too hot there right?) ;) Well my first leg of 3 ended up starting at about 2 in the afternoon!

I have never been more hot in my life! It was 8.6 miles and a 925ft elevation gain! My joints swelled up, everything in my body hurt! Luckily the awesome people I was with jumped out and would dump water on me to keep me cool... even the "elite" runners were walking this leg! It felt like 120 degrees!
Here we are waiting for some of the other runners in our van to finish some of there legs...


It ended up being one of the coolest experiences ever! I am so glad i did it and can't wait to do another one!!
Here I am coming in at my last leg!


It took our team 29 hours to run 171 miles! What a blast! Who knew sleeping in parking lots for 3 hours then getting up and running some more in the middle of the night could be so fun!!!
And at the finish with the whole team of 12

And then van #2 the six of us ...

I met some awesome friends and people and gained a lot of experience! Thanks Aubrey for getting me involved with this!! :)

6 comments:
That seriously sounds like SO much fun!!! I really need to get into running. I'm glad you had a good time. And THANK YOU for those sweet comments on my blog. It really helps when you have good friends to make it through tough trials. You are the best!!!
I'm really glad you got to do this. Spencer did the Ragnar Wasatch Back this year, and the energy at the finish line was awesome. I might even consider it for next year, if I can find a team who will take a loser, non-runner like me. :)
That was so adventurous of you! I'm so proud of you. You are amazing and I'm glad that you made good friends out of it all! xoxo
What an amazing experience Suz!
I'm so glad you came and did the race with us even if you did have the crappiest leg and we weren't in the same van. At least we got to ride home together.
Hey Suzie, I found your blog and loved seeing what you're up to... and then I saw this post and realized I know Aubrey and you were on my brother's Ragnar Team (which he was begging me to get on despite the fact that I have a 3 month old!)!! What the heck!!?? Aubrey is my SIL Rpbyn's(married to my brother) old roomate, there is the connection, and you replaced my friend who dropped off the team. Is it a small world or what!!??
Post a Comment