Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Happy Place...

It's amazing what TIME can do for you! I feel like for so long I was stuck in a rut...felt sad and just wanted to feel happy. I wasn't necessarily depressed but I needed something.
Well, I think I got that something... a good kick in the butt. I opened my eyes and looked at the world around me. Life didn't revolve around me and MY problems...so many people have problems in their lives. And so many people have it worse than I do.
Someone VERY close to me had major surgery and was in the hospital for days...My mom was in the hospital having blood transfusions...And so so much more.
How selfish I was to sit and dwell on my issues and my problems.
One night as I was praying to the Lord..I felt an overwhelming comfort come over me
It doesn't matter WHEN it happens...It only matters that it WILL happen.
Who cares that you aren't married...It will happen. And when it does it's going to be amazing.
What a blessing in my life that I have a close relationship with my Heavenly Father and that he can comfort me when I need him most!

I feel so O.K with everything and have realized all the amazing things that make my life so wonderful.
I could start a list that goes on and on about all the awesome things but that would take forever!
I just know that I have so much to be grateful for.
I have found my happy place and I'm ready to embark on whatever life has in store for me.
Meanwhile... I plan on being the BEST auntie that has ever existed! :)

3 comments:

Britney said...

I'm so happy to hear your doing well Suz!

I just got caught up, you Hawaii trip looks amazing! How neat that you can just up and leave like that.

The O'Donoghue kids are soooo big! It was fun to see them.

How lucky are all your nieces to have you! :)

Shirley said...

Hi SUZ..! Life looks and sounds very happening right now! Glad all is well and I want you to know I think about ya all the time xoxo

Michelle said...

Beautifully said! And about being the best Aunt....um, you already are!!!