Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Monday, June 7, 2010

AMAZING GRACIE

Grace is such an angel. She WANTS to be able to do everything that everyone else can. Not much stops that girl, but there are some limits. As she watched her dad come in and finish the half marathon. She said she wanted to be able to run all by herself with no walker, or crutches. Now if that doesn't break your heart I don't know what will. SO...last Saturday my friend Stacy helped for this 5k event called "girls on the run". Alexa came too {which by the way she has never ran more than 3 miles EVER and she is only 6. She rocked it and did the entire thing...that girl has endurance}

I pushed Grace in a running stroller during the event and then a few yards before the finish Marianne came out and brought her walker so that she could finish the race. It was the cutest thing she barley had her feet in her walker, when she was taking off. She wanted to "WIN" the race. And boy did she win the race...there was hardly a dry eye there. She and Alexa both got medals...It was a beautiful thing to see.

You see I'm the lucky one becuase I got to be with Grace for the entire event and hear her say.."I can't believe I'm running a race." or "Suzie I'm going to run so so so much faster than you."
I plan on helping Grace run that event every year until I physically can't. She is an inspiration and a miracle to me.
She doesn't let anything get in the way....Nothing will ever stop her.:)

5 comments:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

That is so awesome. What a special girl. Made me tear up, too:). Love you!

wjmom said...

You are such a blessing to your sister, to your nieces, and to us because you shared. Hooray for Alexa and Grace! Hooray for Auntie Suzie!

Emily said...

LOVE this!

Michelle said...

That is so sweet! What an amazing an unforgettable opportunity you gave her. You are the best!!!

Rebekah said...

Thank you for sharing that with us. So special. What a sweet girl!