Each year right around this time...
I find myself feeling a little bit sad.
Shouldn't this be one of the most "wonderful times of the year"?
Shouldn't you reflect on all the good and the cheer that all the holiday brings.
The truth is...
Christmas is a time when the children get excited...
When families do traditions together...
When you do love and acts of service and kindness for those around you.
But the reality of it is...
When you don't have children living in your home...that magic of Christmas isn't quite the same.
You see your family and friends start traditions of their own together...
So how does a single girl not feel a little bit left out...a little bit sad...a little bit frustrated.
I mean seriously...who wants to feel this way ever?!
But guess what.
I get to CHOOSE how I feel.
I can either sit and reflect on the loneliness and the negativity OR I can see it in a different way.
A way that will bring me closer to the Christmas spirit.
That will make me enjoy the holidays just a little bit more.
SO...
I decided to do a post a day on one thing that made me smile.
Something that made me feel more happy about the holidays.
I do LOVE this time of the year.
Hot Chocolate
Christmas Lights
Christmas Trees
Christmas music
Giving Presents
The kindness from others...
If any of you would like to join me in doing this...you are welcome to.
If not sit back and enjoy what the holidays bring to me this 2011 Holiday Season!

3 comments:
I plan to make Justin Bieber's new cd show up on your list one of these days. I'm looking forward to reading every day since I already have a bad attitude about the holidays this year.
I LOVE this!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!
Just got all caught up on your blog. Love your daily post! XO
Post a Comment