Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hard work pays off!!






My mom wanted to re landscape our front and backyard. So she got some bids from landscapers and was deciding whether or not to do it. Julianne my dad and I decided we could do it just as easy as the landscaper and cheaper!!! So we took on the task... After 3 loads of dirt, 2 loads of mulch, 2 loads of river rock, and ripping up grass for the river rock . . . we were finished. It was hard work and took a few days. First we had to dig all the dirt out of our mound and flower beds (4 inches below the curbing). That sucked because the dirt out here in good old WJ is clay like and rocky! Then we added ALL the new dirt. The river rock was a bear to move it was heavy!! I won't bore you with the step by step process, but needless to say i love our yard! (i think its the prettiest in the circle) Plus i reclaimed myself as the strongest daughter in the family! Not joking i lifted loads that were so heavy!! My arms hurt for a couple of days after but it was all worth it!!!
P.S The strip of grass in the front yard, is new grass we laid to even out the front yard.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I love it!!! Good job guys, it looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Denice said...

It may totally suck in the process but SO worth it in the end! Great job..want to come to Washington and do my backyard??

Britney said...

Wow, what a project...looks great!

Michael, Michelle, Lil, and Pay-pay said...

Your yard looks beautiful. I am excited to one day have my own, then I won't have to put my flowers and tomatoes in the same little pot.