Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Quick Trip to Colorado

Okay, I know you think I'm crazy BUT I had a couple of days off of work and had a long weekend last weekend... So I thought why not go to Colorado and run a half marathon! So that is what I did!
My parents were on there way home from Nauvoo and cut down and met Julianne and I there! It was SO beautiful! I ran a long the Colorado river for a few miles and the rest of the way was by these vineyards! It was SO beautiful! And one of the best parts was I beat my Salt Lake Marathon time by ELEVEN MINUTES!!! I was SO proud!!!

Here I am before the race at 6 in the morning!!!



Here I am coming into the finsh line!!!



My Baby Sister Julianne and I...



And then a picture with My parents and Julianne and I. I am so thankful for such a supportive family in all the decisions i make! This is something that has become super important to me. Can't wait for the next event!!!! :)

6 comments:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

You are so awesome! You inspire me. Yes, I'd love to get together soon! When is good for you?

Michael, Michelle, Lil, and Pay-pay said...

Suzie look at you go. Have I told you before that I am proud of you.

Denice said...

Way to go Suz!! Looks like it was a perfect day for a run. I am really proud of you and that awesome time!!!

Rebekah said...

way to crazy girl! i am so impressed! keep it up!

Kerry said...

Good on you!

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Hey Suzie, I wondered if you could email me any tips you'd give to someone just starting. I found a program that breaks it down into 9 weeks and gives good tips, but the side ache I get on my left side is killing me! Do you have some tips for sticking with it? Thank you!