The morning started out great! I woke up at 2:45 am to get ready and drive all the way to Logan... got a text from Shelly wishing me luck (she hadn't gone to bed yet) and a phone call from Jade cause she is on Hawaii time and hadn't gone to bed either!
My mom packed me a yummy breakfast and i thought nothing could get in my way!! Well...
Here is my cousin Emily and I before the race started

And Stacy, Lacey and I before the race

Well lets just say we started out great had a good rythm and then the opsticles started! My friend was throwing up, cramping... it started to hurt really bad and she and i have gone through so much together that i wasn't going to leave her. Well finally at mile 9 she begged me to go on. Basically she said it would take a burden of her if i just went ahead. I was emotional doing that and so was she but we both knew it was best...
So i took off! I ran and ran and ran and passed about 54 people ( i counted)
And at the end the finish line.. i had such an amazing cheering squad there.
My adorable friend Emily suprised me and came... Emily my coudin, my aunt Linda and cousin Dustin was there, and a cute girl from our ward who was one of my Mia Maids who is now going to Utah State came too! It was so great to see everyone at the end!

And here we are at the finish... SO HAPPY TO BE DONE!!!!

Our motto now... Saturday the canyon was a biotch, in 2 weeks the canyon is going to be my Bitotch! We will rock that marathon!! :)

1 comment:
Go get that Biotch!! You are amazing!
Post a Comment