Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I've been asked the question why!?

Lately I have had a lot people ask me "why I run?" And It's really hard to explain that question. The feeling you get while you are in so much pain is so indescribable! I was talking to a couple of my friends that run also and my friend Bob came up with ways I can explain it.

*I don't run to compete with anyone but myself; the me i was '50' pounds ago, the me i would be if i didn't run and the me i will become as i continue to run.

*I run for the clarity it brings my mind and my body.

*I run races so others have someone to cheer for from the sidewalks.

*I run for the way it feels when i am done.

These are good for ME to hear... I ran a half marathon on Saturday and had one of the worst runs of my life! My time was awful and hurt really bad while running it.
**Pictures to come in the next post**

5 comments:

wjmom said...

I'm sorry your run didn't go well.

I don't love running, but I love the feeling of accomplishment when I complete the next goal. I hope my next race will go better than my first!

~Emily~ said...

Although I have not come anywhere NEAR accomplishing what you have in the past year, I think everyone that works-out regularly goes through lil spurts of doubt and needs great reminders of why we do what we do....& I don't care what you say, I was there and I KNOW that you ROCKED that 1/2 marathon, especially considering all that went on!!!!

wjlarsens2 said...

it was really fun talking to you at the office a couple of days ago. it's weird that i don't see you very often but consider you a good friend. congrats on all of your running--you continue to amaze me!!!

Michelle said...

I loved that. It's so true! Keep up the good work woman!!!!! xoxo

Aubrey said...

I remember talking to you after i ran the marathon. If i can do it, anyone can do it. Have you ever heard the Melissa Etheridge/Sheryl Crow song I Run For Life? It's about breast cancer, but it's one of my running theme songs. It's such a hard question to answer, but really I run for life. I also love Mercy Me I Can Only Imagine. When that comes on my Ipod I have to run. It just makes me. Good luck!