A lot of changes are going on in my family and NONE of them have to do with me... :)
Christmas Eve my older sister gave my parents a gift for Christmas. Inside was a ultrasound picture! That's right..Phil and Marianne are having another baby. This will make it baby #4. Due July 27.
On New Years Eve at the strike of midnight. My little sister Lorianne got engaged to her boyfriend Cameron. They have so many wedding plans going. A dress is bought, the date is set, Pictures are paid for. Sheesh...
May 14, 2010 in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.
This will make it the SEVENTH time I've been a bridesmaid. SEVEN! Anyone seen 27 dresses? I'm gaining on her just a little.. :)
I just have to say...I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD BE THE LAST SISTER MARRIED. (I know you don't have to go in order or anything, but I am 8 and 10 years older than my little sisters. I have to admit I am a little bit weirded out by it all.
It's so hard to explain. I am so happy for all my sisters and everything wonderful going on in their lives. And I don't expect anyone to put their lives on hold because of me.
I just don't understand why it has to be this way. I can remember thinking as a teenager. Julianne will be so lucky that she gets to be spoiled by Mom and Dad when we are all moved away and married. Little did i KNOW it would be ME that is home alone with Mom and Dad! Not that its a bad thing...I love being at home with them. Just never how I expected my life to be.
Sorry this was such a downer post I just had to write how I'm feeling! :) Most days I am OK and deal with it all really well, but some days its harder than others!
Custom Tote Bags as Long-Term Brand Assets
4 months ago

8 comments:
I think that would be really hard for any girl. You are so strong Suzie!
Keep the faith kiddo. Someone great is coming soon.
Robin
Sheesh...
And THIS is what blogs are for! ;) I overheard a bishop saying recently that most people use Facebook & blogs as an attempt to try and make it appear they are living glamorous lives by leaving out, well most of reality...truthfully, I think it's a breath of fresh air to realize, "Oh yay, my friends are human too." Sometimes you even fool me with your poker face, Miss Thang ;)
p.s. can't WAIT for tomorrow, yahoo!!!
But you're one HOT bridesmaid! :)
I LOVE you, Suz. Your day is coming. It's just taking a lot longer than some. Keep your chin up!!! xoxo
After all these thoughts, trials and feelings can you just imagine what your day(s) are going to be like! Congrats on another baby coming and for the new bro-in-law! Loves!
I totally agree. Everytime I watch 27 Dresses I wonder where the heck is Kevin. I only hope that your bridesmaid dress is better than the one I get to wear for my second younger sister's wedding in April. And yes, I understand the baby thing too. My sister is having another one too. I would just like to know when in the heck I'm going to be done with this phase of life. If I hear one more time that my time will come I might just lose it.
Suzie I love your private blog - SO REAL.
My biggest gripe is that there is an expectation among the Mormon community that a girl can't be happy unless she finds some guy and gets married. Then, when she is married she isn't fulfilling her calling unless she pops out 6 kids and stays home with them.
SUCH A LIE. And if there's some married chick out there telling you your life will change and be all roses once you're married, SHE's a LIAR!
You can be just as happy single and you aren't any less righteous then anyone else because you don't have kids. That's all there is to it.
I'm just saying...
The grass is ALWAYS greener...
Post a Comment