Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Definition of Dating from the Dictionary:

Dating is a form of courtship, and may include any social activity undertaken by, typically, two persons with the aim of each assessing the other's suitability as a partner in an intimate relationship or as a spouse. The word refers to the act of meeting and engaging in some mutually agreed upon social activity. Traditional dating activities include entertainment or a meal.

I've been feeling a bit like the picture below lately!


This thing called dating is EXHAUSTING! It's amazing how many emotions come from it! I have officially been able to date for 13 years! THIRTEEN! I just wonder when it's going to end. When will I go on that magical date and everything as far as dating will become easier.

I just feel like lately It has been one after another of dating disasters!

Let me just put a series of texts I had with a guy I went out with 2 times. We will keep him anonymous!

Boy: Well, I'm going to bed
Me: Okay goodnight!
Boy: Duh, forgot the topic of the day. I'm broke LOL I forgot about my softball tournament. Have to save every penny.
Me: What? Do I seem like the type of girl that wants you to spend your money on me?
Boy: Nope just wont be dating until after my tournament. Unless you want to park. That's pretty cheap! Or you can buy me a Jr. Bacon Cheesburger
Me: Sounds good!
Boy: The parking making out thing?
Me: What do you think?
Boy: Oh yes!
Me: Yes What?
Boy: Yes I think you were saying yes to parking!
Me: Ha ha No I wasn't!
Boy: Crap!


Wow! I just feel like there isn't a lot of hope out there... the older I get, the more complicated it gets! Someday, something great will work out right!?

6 comments:

~Emily~ said...

I think when you combine our age with the times we're livin' in...dating is seriously a joke. I know you know I'm with ya ~ dating is EXHAUSTING! One day missy, one day.... (:
xoxo

Michelle said...

Good for you Suzie! I'm glad to see you posting your true feelings. Posts like these are what blogs are for. Too many people sugar coat their posts to make their lives seem perfect. No one has a perfect life! I can't imagine having to date as much as you have. It would absolutely get old! Given your circumstances I am constantly amazed at how positive and upbeat you always are. You are a great example to me and I know that you inspire many. Thank you for sharing your TRUE feelings, bad days and all. We all have them. Keep the reality checks coming baby!!!

Aubrey said...

my recent advice is to skip the texting all together.

Shirley said...

Oh man that is something! I would like to view your dating blog, give me an add alrighty! A certain someone was asking about you this weekend. Hmmmm don't even know what to say about that LOL!

MEG said...

"Or you could buy me a Jr. Bacon cheeseburger?!"

"Unless you want to park. That's pretty cheap."

O M F G

I don't even know what to say. When I was dating I made a list of things and called it "Red flag when..."

You know he's a red flag when he comes to pick you up for the first date with a mattress in the back of his truck.

Things like that. I found the list while cleaning out my storage room awhile back and got a good laugh remembering the total idiots that I dated. I'm really really looking forward to reading your new blog. That small excerpt was EFFING HILARIOUS.

Audrey said...

Is this the vegetarian???