Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pioneer Day 10k

On Friday the 24th I ran the Pioneer Day 10K (I'm not quite ready for a FULL Marathon yet). So this was actually a really FUN race...So many people ran it and the energy level was great!
I had to get up at 3:45am to get ready to leave at 4:30am to get to liberty park. I was surprised at how "awake" i was at that time in the morning!

Here we all are before the race started...


Stacy and I had to WAIT FOR THE TRAX TRAIN TO GO BY...It was actually pretty funny and we decided to take a quick photo shoot while we waited! :)


We found our cute friend Sarah after she ran the 5K

And here is a group of us from our ward that ran....

I actually did really well! I ran the best time per mile and It was just a lot of fun! Part of the race was running along the parade route while people waited for it to start. Some people had spray bottles and would spray us as we ran by..I was surprised to see two different friends (Emily and Lindsay).. that was a blast!!!

6 comments:

~Emily~ said...

SUZ! What a great weekend we had, huh!! Seeing you in that race was DEF the highlight of the whole dang parade - you're a silly gal =D

wjlarsens2 said...

you look so cute suzie! even so early in the morning--what's up with that? congrats on learning how to love running...i definitely am NOT to that point yet but i'm trying!!!

Michelle said...

Yah, you freaking ROCK! I am sooo proud of you. You look adorable in the pics. Cute top too! I love ya!
P.S. LOVE the new background!!!

Ry and Kris Jones said...

yay for running!! You're a insiration, truly. Love ya.

wjmom said...

I think you're awesome. Maybe someday I can run a 10K. or not.

Rebekah said...

great job! you look great!way to go suzie, you rock!