Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011

The holidays are over and we begin a new year
2012
It seems that everyone looks to new years for high hopes of a year to come...
something better than the last.
The truth is...
with each passing year we become stronger one way or another...
some years are rough, some are wonderful, some are uneventful and some are life changing.
Nobody knows what the future has for any of us.
We just have to look forward with heads held high and keep on going.

As I personally reflect on 2011, I see a girl who had to fight a battle...both good and bad
I learned more about myself this year than probably any other year.
I learned that I COULD fall in love again. ( I knew I could care...but didn't know I could love again after Tom) 
I did that and it didn't work out. But now I am stronger.

I learned that it's okay to move on and change careers. Hard work and working your way up the ladder to success.

I learned that I can do hard things. 3 relay races and a full marathon. with a half marathon thrown in between.
Yes, I can do hard things.

I learned that making mistakes is part of being human. And some of us have to learn things the hard way...
but by doing that we become a better person.

I learned that no matter what choices I make...
my family is always there. Even when they shouldn't be sometimes.  Always there to lift me up.

I am grateful for 2011 and the challenges it brought.
Now...I'm looking forward.
Tomorrow I become a year older (and maybe wiser too) ;)
And nothing is going to stop me...

***HAPPY NEW YEAR***

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

I love the positive tone of this post. Hopefully mine won't be a big downer.