Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Saturday, April 18, 2009

I DID IT!!!

After months and months of training... the day FINALLY came! I was very prepared and ready and then got sick earlier this week. I had the whole cold and sore throat thing :( How did this happen I thought. But luckily I was able to get on antibiotics and was able to rest a couple of days before.
We left our house and 4:50 am to catch the TRAX train down to the University of Utah where the race started.
We took this picture right before the race...

Then my friend Amy met up with all of us to run with us! The anticipation was killing me. There were thousands of people there lined up to run this race. In fact Phil ran the race but I never saw him because there were too many people until the finish line!
The countdown began and then the gun went off and everyone took off! The first 3 miles rocked... adrenaline really kicked in and everyone was dancing and singing to the music on their I PODS. Then you get to the point where the Full Marathoners and the Half's split. We took a turn downhill as they went up. I was so glad that we were going the opposite way... :)
My cute family cheered us on a little over halfway! The girls wore shirts that said things like... "Suzie Q I Love You.", "Run Like H#LL.", Run Fat Girl Run, and "Suzie You Rock." I can't tell you how great it was to see them on the side of the street yelling and screaming for me!!! Here are some pictures they took at that point... The first one is of Stacy, Amy and I. And the second one is closer up of me and Amy... (I think Stacy was hiding LOL)


The next few mile were hard... knowing we had less than half way and being in pain. Yikes! But we kept pushing and pushing. Then you get to the point where you can see the end, you can see the Gateway Mall! And this adrenaline hits you again, you get this overpowering surge of energy!!! I couldn't believe how fun it was to finish!!!
Here is Stacy and I running to the finish....

And another picture right after we finished!

I was so proud of Stacy... this amazing woman has lost 70 pounds from running. She is my HERO!!!
And then I had to get a picture with all my cheerleaders (minus my parents... I was so mad I didn't get a picture with them! dang!!)

I got a picture with Phil too but it was taken on a different camera so i will have to post that one later!!! When I got home I was exhausted.... and so proud of my medal i just had to kiss it!!!

Thanks to everyone who was there to support me! Cami and Steve and Kerry from work were there (they ran the 5K and waited till I finshed to leave) and also those who were there in my heart who couldn't make it. ( You know who you are!!!) This will be the first of many, many, more half marathons!!!!

13 comments:

Lisa and DJ said...

Suzie that is seriously amazing! I am so, so happy for you!

~Emily~ said...

Pffft, more like, Run Skinny Girl, Run! Seriously, look at you - you are just freaking awesome. You are so inspiring & I just luv ya :)

MEG said...

CONGRATULATIONS SUZIE!!!!!!!!!

Madsen Clan said...

That is so awesome Suzie!

Britney said...

Congrats Suzie, you did it! I talked to Amy last night and she said she ran with you. Fun to see pictures of her on your blog!
Your awesome!

Richard and Jenna said...

Suz.. I am just so dang proud of you! You have worked really hard to get to where you are. You go girl!! :) I sure love you lots..

Lindsey Stubler said...

It was fun to see you yesterday. You did SO SO GOOD! It's so cute how supportive your family is. They are great... and so are you!

Marianne said...

you rock, Suz!!!

Anonymous said...

Suzie!! I'm so stinkin proud of you! You serously amaze me. I wish I had your motivation. Thanks for going to dinner with us on Friday!

Michelle said...

You are amazing! You worked so hard for that moment and I am so proud of you. I really wish I could have been there to cheer you on. Next time, for sure!!!! I love ya!

Michael, Michelle, Lil, and Pay-pay said...

Yay Suz you did it I am so proud of you.

Ry and Kris Jones said...

Yay Suzi!!! I'm so proud of you. Guess what? You have inspired me to start training for the half marathon here. It's in September. I'm so excited!! I'll let you know how that goes. Good job on accomplishing such a great goal. You're amazing :)

Emily said...

That's amazing! I've always wanted to do one.... I really should. Good job!