Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Near death experience....

Okay...
so maybe I'm exaggerating a little...
but it was still freaking scary!

Picture this....
my parents get the carpets professionally cleaned and when I got home from work last night I help my dad move the furniture back to the proper places.
I helped move the Christmas tree and went to plug it in.
Little did I know (and know one else knew either) that there was a live wire on the strand of lights for the tree.
I grabbed the strand plugged it in the wall
and it all happened so fast.
I felt like my entire body was vibrating, heard the worst noise of electricity in my head, couldn't let go and screamed. Not just screamed...SCREAMED because of fear and pain.
I finally was able to let go after just a few seconds (it seemed like an eternity for me)
and immediately started crying. (more like sobbing)
my hand was black and my arm hurt all night.
Kind of like if you had a tetanus shot or a flu shot.
That's the best way to describe it.
I didn't even cry when I tore my ACL playing basketball...
but this...i cried!

Now we just need to wait and see how I deal with 30 in 10 days!
TEN DAYS!!!!!

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

Oh my gosh. Scary!

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Yikes, that is crazy!

Britney said...

Ew, Suz! How awful, glad your okay. (or at least alive) :)

Brittney said...

So scary!!!!

rachel said...

Gah! I hope you'll be okay, that is so scary!