"I have been changed for good!!!!"
Since about May, my life has been all about change!
Good change that is.
I didn't have a caution sign like this to tell me though. It just came.
First:
The decision to move. It was a good decision. I left my home of comfort and "grew up". I have lucked out with the best roommates. So it wasn't too much adjusting. Just very different. My evenings are a lot different than they used to be. It used to be surrounded by little girls and my parents. Now it's a lot different.
Second:
Trading in my awesome car....for another awesome car.
I really do love my new car. I don't dread going to the gas station.
Third:
Applying for a new job and getting hired. (gulp) Talk about comfort...I have worked at OHC since I was 19. 11 1/2 years later I am moving on. There are a few things I'm going to miss about that place. In fact just today I was doing a routine filling on a patient. I felt my eyes well up with tears thinking...I won't be doing ANY of this after 2 weeks.
Cami: we have been co-workers for 10 years. We have been through SO much. And she is one of my dearest friends. I can't imagine not seeing her every day. We have such a good system going and don't even have to communicate. We know exactly what each other is thinking.
Kerry: She is my work Mom. She has been there for 15 years. She truly is one of my family members...I know I will still call her asking for advise and just to say hi!
Bruce: Talk about a good boss. But I actually have such a hard time calling him my boss because we have such a different relationship. He opened up his home to me and let me be apart of his children's lives. I will always be thankful for that gift. It truly meant more to me than I could have imagined. I am lucky to call him my friend.
Patients: I have some relationships with patients that have been built for years. A lot of them come in asking for me. Or they will give me hugs. They confide in me and they are true friendships. Not seeing them regularly will be hard.
BUT...
The opportunity I am getting is awesome.
How could I pass something like this up!!?!
I will be doing Oral Surgery. Something I've wanted to do for years.
And now...It's finally the right time and the right fit for me.
It had to be a great job for me to leave and it sure is.
I will be learning to give IVs and be doing that daily.
It's more surgery than dentistry.
I can't wait!
Sometimes changes are good. I'm headed down a really good path right now.
I am VERY blessed!


3 comments:
Congratulations, Suzie! I'm really excited for you. I hope your new work life will turn into something beautiful and wonderful.
I hate needles and I wouldn't want anyone else giving me an IV if I needed one! You'll do AWESOME! sniff sniff, you wont be there on the other end when I call for my mom. I am SO glad that you are a big part of my life and am excited for your change! Congrats, you'll do great!!!!
Suzie Congrats!!! The changes in your life sound exciting and fulfilling!
Post a Comment