Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Seattle...

Seattle was nothing but absolute FUN!
Tiff and I flew in on Thursday morning and met up with Amy and Jenny in downtown Seattle after taking the train to get there.
We had lunch and Amy and Jen went to to do the underground tour. While Tiffany and I went to Pikes Place and had lunch then walked to the Space Needle.
here are a few of our pictures from that!





After that we met up at the rental car and drove to the ferry to head to Whidbey Island.
It was such a cool experience driving onto a boat and then going across to the island. SO COOL!
We met up with our new Whidbey Island friends at a local restaurant.
When we walked in they had gifts for us and made us feel so welcome.
I wish I could truly explain HOW hospitable they were to us.
They opened there homes, they arranged for us to have a car to use while we ran the race.
Seriously INCREDIBLE people.

We woke up in the early hours and drove to Blaine, WA which is literally the border of Canada.
We were in Van 2 but went to the start line to cheer on our team.
My van consisted off.
Tiffany, Amy, Jenny, Aaron (Amy's super cool friend who is doing his residency up in Tacoma) and Brent (another one of Amy's awesome friends from here in Salt Lake. His cute wife and son Henry were our mascots!)
And the race was off!
Here is picture OVERLOAD.
The scenery was AMAZING! With every turn we would say Oh my gosh it's so beautiful here...forest, ocean and perfect weather. Can it get better then that?!?!?




















And the RagStars finished after 190 miles. No sleep and an absolute blast!
It was so great meeting our new friends and going completely out of my comfort zone.
I can't WAIT to do it all over again!

2 comments:

wjmom said...

This is great! I'm so glad you got to do this.

Shirley said...

Sounds like a running paradise! Brandon good friend lives on Whidbey Island and we visit them awesome, such a great place. Sorry about the Jeep but Congrats on the new great car! That is crazy Julianne is pregnant Wow how neat, congrats to them!