Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Vegas Ragnar 2011


VEGAS RAGNAR 2011
I wish I could truly put into words about this running event.
It was probably the hardest race (next to the marathon) I have ever ran.
It was SCORCHING hot!
My body literally shuts down at a certain temp and stops working.
Here are a few highlights of the event:

Meeting some great new friends. Friends that I know I'll stay close to.

Running in the HEAT...I vomited 2 times on my first run because it was so dang hot.
my fingers swelled up and I almost passed out. Lots of people were being treated for dehydration and heat stroke by the paramedics. Luckily it didn't get that bad for me but it was pretty dang close.

All the inside jokes that come with running a ragnar.
Things that seemed hilarious at 4am and now you look back and wonder what was so funny.

Becoming closer to my friends

Earning 3 different medals at the finish line

Laughing so hard my abs hurt

SOO much more....
Here are just a few pictures to capture this memory!
FINALLY FINISHED

Shane handing off to me... I had no idea what was ahead of me.

Sleeping in our sleeping bags...so exhausted

After our "nap" getting a bite to eat before we start running again

Me handing off to Cameron. Yes, I am giving him a good game!
Tiff and I with our Vegas medal, Saints and Sinners medal and duces medal!
We ROCK!

I wonder why I run these races.
Why I put myself through that....
but then I look back at the pictures and the memories and I know exactly why I do it.
I run for me...
for my sanity...
I may not be the fastest in the group...
but I don't care. I go and I do my best, and it makes me happy.
I run so I will never see the 60 plus pounds of extra weight I had before I ran...
I run for Suzie

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

All the ragnar talk totally makes me jealous as crazy as it is.

Raili said...

Suz, I think you are amazing!! I could never do all that running! That's not the only way you amaze me either. You are such a good and loving person. I miss living with you and seeing all the good and happiness you share. Love you!!