Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

While I'm not cool (guest post Rachel)

Did you know that I've never met Suzie? We are blog friends and I just know that when we meet in real life it will be like meeting a long lost sister given up for adoption. I hope she is having a wonderful time in Hawaii, I'm so jealous! 
I live in the DC metro area and LOVE it. You should come visit my blog at Blogging Is For Lovers and you will find out even more reasons why I will never be cool.
(this is me in Portugal in August)
(nice to meet you)
-I cry every week while watching The Biggest Loser (why can't they all just stay on the Ranch?!?)
-While I love stores like Anthropologie, Nordstrom, Banana Republic, I can rarely bring myself to justify purchases from any of those places. I'm a Target girl through and through
-I always take pictures of my food
-My friend, Megan, and I speak in British accents when we're together
-I would give up my life savings to sit front row in an N*SYNC reunion concert
-I am 29 and obsessed with Vampire Diaries on the CW. Its target demographic is 12-14 year old girls
-I get far too wrapped up in The Bachelor/ette (by the way, I refuse to watch the next season with Ben as the Bachelor. Ugh)
-I count playing Michael Jackson:The Experience on the Wii as a legitimate workout 
-The question "how do you spell...." gets to me like a human cry for help gets to Superman. I always know how to spell whatever is in question
-Grocery shopping is my favorite kind of shopping and I would rather shave a cat than spend more than 10 minutes "thrifting" (isn't that what all the cool kids do nowadays?)
-I legitimately thought I invented the words frenemy and creeper
All of this is true and you know what? I am more than alright with never being a cool kid because I am very, very happy being me! 
xoxo
..

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Confession...I'm a random reader of Rachel's blog.

wjmom said...

Rachel, I can tell we were meant to be together. Love, Aundrea