You know those books by John Bytheway
"What I wish I'd known before my Misssion"
"What I wish I'd known when I was in Highschool"
"What I wish I'd know when I was single"
I was thinking about it...
and thought of a few things I personally Wish I'd known in my 20's
If I could go back to my 20th birthday, write me a letter of things to not worry about or be cautious of...I could have saved myself a little heart ache.
But it doesn't work that way.
So, here is Suzie's version of...
"What I wish I'd known in my 20's"
Suzie, you are 20 so young, so beautiful...yes you DO have braces on right now...but all the pain and money will be worth it.
You will love your smile and it will be one of the biggest compliments people pay you.
Work hard at your job, you're going to be their for awhile...it will all be worth it.
Lorianne and Julianne are 12 and 10. They don't stay young forever...love them, enjoy them, they are your sweet little sisters. They are going to grow up a lot quicker than you think. It's okay because you will have a relationship with them that will be greater than you expected.
Marianne just got married. Phil will become one of the best things that has come into your life. She is going to have the most beautiful girls and you will love them like they are your own. DON'T dwell on the fact that you two won't have babies together. It will be okay and you will understand it eventually. These little girls are going to make you happier than you can imagine.
You think you and Shelly are close now...give it 10 more years. You will become sooo much closer. She will be your go to girl. Your rock. You will need her at times that no one else can be there for you. Scott will be just like a brother to you. They are going to have 3 amazing girls that you are going to love with all your heart. Embrace them and love them as your own nieces. That is what life is about.
Suzie, your parents are some of the greatest people you know...But 10 years from now...you will have a respect for them that can't be explained. Listen to them...they are smarter than you think. If they don't like the guy you are dating...there is probably a reason. Take their advise for what it is.
You are going to date a lot. You will break some hearts, and your heart will get broken.
You are going to find someone fall in love and it's going to end. He isn't going to treat you like you should be treated. Everyone around you isn't going to like him. After it's all done and over with...be grateful you went through that trial. That will be one of the biggest reasons you are who you are. You are going to put up some major walls...it's okay. In that time you are going to discover who SUZIE is.
You will figure out that there is a lot to you.
You will eventually date a lot. And you will know that it's okay to be single. You will have faith that God knows you more than you do. He knows your desires and he knows your heart. He will lead you to the right path as long as you do what you should. He loves you and wants whats best for you.
That doesn't mean you are going to have some hard days...we all do. But just know it's going to be okay.
The gospel will mold you into the person you are. Read your scriptures, say your prayers. It will make you a better person.
Suzie, you are going to be a good friend to lots of people. They are going to need you and you will be there for them. Serve them, love them, do all you can for them.
You are going to build friendships and relationships with some of the greatest people. Your friendships will be so important to you. Learn and know how to keep friendships.
Last but not least.
IF you turn 30 and you are still single with no kids.
It will be okay.
I promise you will survive.
You will be a strong confident woman.
You WILL get your happy ending...it will just take a little longer than most.
I love you and believe in you!
Love,
ME! :)

6 comments:
love it suz! You are the BEST! that was awesome!
I LOVE this post! You always have the best things to say. Now I just need someone to tell me what I wish they had know in their 30s:)
Best. Post. Ever. You're so cute Suzie---
Love it! You are fantastic, in every way.
Amen. .
Wow, that was a long letter! I love it. I've never thought what I'd say to myself. Great job! I loooove you!!!
Post a Comment