Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Mom...

It's not Mother's day...
and I don't necessarily think you need to honor your mom just on mother's day.
I just want to express my feelings on how grateful I am for her today.
She truly is the BEST mom.
Growing up, she was more than just a mom. She was a dear friend.
She never judged us and always made us feel comfortable enough to tell her anything.
Even today as a 30 year old woman I tell my Mom things.
Last night was all I wanted to do was talk to my mom.
I got in the shower...
laid in my bed...
was just about to call her when my phone was ringing.
Guess who it was?
Yep.
My mom!
She was inspired enough to call me at that exact moment.
She let me cry and talk things out with her for over an hour.
One of the things I love about my mom is even though she doesn't understand everything...she doesn't try to. She doesn't tell me what choices to make and doesn't make me feel like the choices I make are wrong.

She is just a listening ear.
She is a selfless beautiful person and I am SO lucky!

No comments: