Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Monday, June 20, 2011

Ragnar 2011

I'm learning how much I LOVE to run.
Who would have thought?
I usually hate it while I'm doing it...but I'm so glad after it's all done and over with.
Me and 11 other friends ran the Ragnar as team
"Dude, where's my van?"
I was in a Van with Cameron, Brie, Kristi, Ryan and Roman...and we had a blast!
I wasn't the best about taking pictures. I was just trying to focus on getting through the race.
I was team captain and it was WAY harder than I expected it to be.
It's all the little details that made it hard.
I ended up paying for more things than expected and having to do some last minute shuffling...
but all in all it turned out to be a blast and I'd do it again in a heart beat!
Here are the few pictures I took.

My Ragnar Tat! :)

Cameron running his last leg and rocking it!
Me, sunburned running my last leg through the Heber valley to Midway.
So BEAUTIFUL!
Ryan running up the first part of Ragnar hill. This was such a steep run!
I wish this picture gave it justice.
This is called "Ragnar" it is STEEP up hill. We hardly saw anyone actually running it...but Roman ran pretty much all of it. It is the hardest leg by far and deserves bragging rights!
Kristi finishing her last leg and running in the shoot to pass off to Brie.
Brie heading off to finish the race for the team!
We had been going for over 30 hours as a team at that point. We were tired, exhausted and ready to finish.
And here is Van 2 at the finish line. We gladly let Van 1 go home early since they started out the race for us at 5:30 am the day before. 
Amy has a picture I will have to get of the entire team and post later.
Ragnar is super challenging, exhausting and such a BLAST!
I can't believe I'm running ANOTHER one in a month...in Seattle.
I must love running! :)

4 comments:

wjmom said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful time. Congratulations!

Team Beardshall said...

Seattle sounds like a blast...I know how you can have a good time, take my running buds from van 1....NOT! Ha, just kidding. Thanks for organizing. Hopefully we'll be able to run another one in the future!

Aubrey said...

I had so much fun, but I'm still totally jealous of your van. Northwest is going to be a blast.

Nicole and Kevin said...

Well, you could take me and have a good time :) We had a BLAST!!! Thanks so much for organizing the race, next time we should be in the same van :) Let me know how the Seattle one is!