Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

New Suzie!


One of my favorite songs has the lyrics that say:

"What you need to do is be grateful for the life you got. Stop thinking about what you aint got and be grateful for what you do got."

How perfect is that for me right now in my life. Something hit me not to long ago and I just felt like I need to enjoy this time of my life right now, and stop worrying about the things that I don't have. I have developed a confident side to me, I feel like for so long I stressed about things that are unnecessary! So I made a list of reasons why I'm so grateful for my single life!

*WARNING I HOPE THIS DOESN'T OFFEND ANYONE!*


1. I only have to worry about myself.

2. I don't have to answer to anyone! :)

3. I can go to bed, take a nap and sleep through the night whenever I want.

4. My money is my money and I can spend it on what I want.

5. I don't have to change poopy diapers

6. I don't have to hear/watch T.V shows like the wiggles, barney or other programs.

7. I can TRAVEL

8. I can build strong bonds with all my nieces that i know i couldn't if i had my own kids.

9. I still get to look forward to first kisses.

10.I get to look forward to the exciting beginning stages of a relationship (so fun!)

11.I STILL get to look forward to being a bride.

12.I am more available to help others because I can pick up and leave whenever i want.

13.When I need to go somewhere I just get to leave I don't have to pack diaper bags, car seats etc...

14.My boobs haven't gotten saggy (YET) ha ha :)


I feel so blessed with my life and KNOW that I will look back at these years and be grateful for the time I had to grow and learn so much about myself. My experiences that I'm having are making me a better person, and I know they will make be a better wife and mom!

Love you all and all your support!!!

10 comments:

Madsen Clan said...

You are so lucky you don't have to watch the wiggles! I wish I didn't have to watch all those weird shows!

Lisa and DJ said...

I really believe that we should enjoy whatever stage we are in, because it won't last forever. Good for you Suzie...live it up!

Marianne said...

Suzie...we love you so much! And my girls are so lucky to have you as an auntie!

The Ingebretsen's... said...

I agree! I am especially jealous of your perky boobs! :) HA HA! Oh and the sleeping part would be nice too!

Britney said...

Great list, good for you! I'd say you have it pretty good right now! I'm am jealous of most things on that list for sure!!! loves.

Ry and Kris Jones said...

Live it up, Suz!!! Love ya :)

MEG said...

Oh Suzie, the list goes on. I love married life, but I really loved being single too. You are EXACTLY RIGHT. I remember being single when my sister-in-law told me that she regretted not sleeping in more when she was single and not doing anything extra-ordinary like study abroad and travel. She also told me that I had absolutely no excuse not to work out. I made sure to do those things and I'm glad I did!

So I guess if I had one thing to say to you it would be to enjoy that alone time in that nice, big, queen sized bed while you can. Soon you'll be up a few times a night if not for a crying baby then because the hubby is snoring or keeping the bed too hot ;)

Michelle said...

I AM OFFENDED!!!! J/K. Good for you Suz! You should just soak up your life right now. You deserve to finally feel this way. Although I wouldn't trade what I have for the world, there are days that I fantasize about laying on a beach somewhere, alone...perky boobs and all! Life is great both ways, just in different ways. Relish in it cause it will change soon.( I just nominated you to be ABC's next Bachelorette!)
See ya in a few hours. I am SOOOO ready for some hot bikini shopping and In N Out, I mean Chadders!

Rebekah said...

Ha ha ha ! Suzie I am so totally offended! J?K! You are too cute and smart to enjoy the life you have now. Live in the moment!
Oh and, how is it possible that size A boobs get saggy? I don't know but they do! I'm proof. He he. LOL!

Kerry said...

I like the part about all the crazy TV kid shows you don't have to watch...too funny!