Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Friday, January 28, 2011

Half broken/ Half hopeful!

Is it possible to have half your heart broken....but the other half hopeful and happy?
I seriously didn't think it was so...until I heard this story.

There was a girl who met a boy...
It was awesome.
They talked and talked and talked some more...
They connected  so easily and everything seemed perfect. Almost magical.
Every day she would hear from him...he SHOWED her how he felt.
He told her she was a breath of fresh air because he had dated "train-wrecks" before her.
Promised her things...
she let her walls down. Gave everything...
he told her things and she believed them...
He gave her every reason TO believe him.
They saw each other often...this girl even helped this boy move into his new house...carried boxes and spent the day with him.
Gave him a birthday present. Gave...gave and gave some more!
This boy had a busy schedule and a busy life but still made time for her.
2 months had gone by and things seemed perfect.
One day he had to cancel on her...
It was the plans they had for her birthday.
She was bummed but understood.
They made plans again and again and again....
and he had to cancel on her all those times.
She stopped hearing from him every day...
When she asked if everything was okay, his response was OF COURSE...you've done nothing wrong I'm just stressed and overwhelmed.

MEANWHILE....

another boy came a long...
when the first boy started acting distant this girl thought about it and decided to not put all her eggs in one basket...
This other boy literally crept into her life without her knowing...
took her on dates and made her feel special...
Wasn't afraid to say how he felt...
before she knew it she thought she could see things going with him...
but felt guilt because of the first boy.
(Why should she feel guilty when he didn't even make time for her?)

In her eyes actions spoke louder than words.
You can SAY all you want but until you act on it, it means nothing.
She thought why am I pushing away someone when this other guy doesn't even seem to care.
Days go by without hearing from him...
and it breaks her...
but she is hopeful and moving on!
She is excited to see what could become with the new boy.
She feels like he had come into her life at the perfect time.
She went on a  first date with a different guy last night and it was a disaster in her eyes...
Usually that's how she felt about most dates. Disasters...where are the normal guys?
But was grateful that the new boy who crept into her life wasn't that way.
So she is looking forward with a smile on her face...





7 comments:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Good luck with everything! Complicated business, isn't it!!!?

Marianne said...

I think the girl in this story sounds pretty amazing! (And I love her)

emily gibson said...

Ditto to what Marianne said! Love you. . .

emily gibson said...

Ditto to what Marianne said! Love you. . .

Anonymous said...

I ditto the other girls too! Oh, and I loved the time we got to spend together and can't wait for you to meet your "nephew" either!!!

Michelle said...

I think it's about time that Barbie deserves a Ken! ;)

I agree with what Mar said....

Shirley said...

Hmmmmm I would have to say actions are very meaningful and do speak rather loud! Your heart is a great judge of character stay true to it and your inner feelings...that is my advice to the girl in the story anyhow. So how are you ha ha ha! xoxox