Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

It happened...

I really didn't think this was going to happen.
I felt so on top of the world!
I felt like nothing could go wrong...
and then
you blink and your plate is completely full!
You don't feel like you can handle anything else.

Last night...I broke down, felt so defeated...
felt sad and lonely...
had the
"why does this happen to me"?
you know the typical sad feelings...
I thought I'm 30...alone...and it's not fair!
I am so thankful for my dad and mom for being so great to me last night...
and for Julianne talking things through with me...

After an emotional night...
I woke up to a beautiful Sunday.
The sky was blue for the first time in days...
there was a white sheet of snow.
Went to Sacrament and felt like the entire meeting was specifically for me.
It was the Patriarch who lives across the street from me and his wife that spoke.
They spoke of trials, timing, faith and trust in the lord.
They spoke about our fathers love for us.
And how when we feel the
"why does this happen to me" that it's Satan making you feel that way.
Sister Grundvig shared a beautiful email her daughter wrote after her husband passed away tragically to cancer.
We all have trials, some easier than others but Heavenly Father loves us all and wants the best for all of us.
This scripture which I love was said,
Isaiah 41:13 For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear I will help you.

My hand is here for the taking and I am ready to have him guide me through this...
I am so blessed to have the gospel in my life...

5 comments:

Brent and Luanne said...

Love you sweetheart!!!:)

Aubrey said...

Your posts are always so great. Perspective really is everything.

Anonymous said...

Oh Suz. We need to talk. Love you though!

emily gibson said...

Love you HONEY!!!

Michelle said...

Love love love you!!!! Just know I am always here for you....