Picture this:
Monday night Emily and I decide to do our Single Mormon duty and go to the huge FHE cobbler social.
Honestly, those things aren't my favorite things to go to but sometimes you just have to branch out and socialize and just do it.
So we went.
We knew a few other people that were going to be there so it was going to be ok.
When we got there it was crowded. I swear completely nuts.
As we were standing there talking to a friend. I looked over at the cobbler table and I saw the back of HIM.
YES, you remember him. Broke up just 3 weeks ago...
I immediately started to shake (like when you are giving your testimony in sacrament)
I kept my eye on him but tried to look not obvious.
He tuned around with a bowl of cobbler in hand and we made eye contact.
(It seemed as if no one else was in the way. Even though there was a sea of people in between)
I smiled and waived. He waived back.
He started making his way towards me.
but with all the people in between it took a couple minutes for him to get to me.
In the meantime I'm trying to act as cool as possible
He came up to me and we one armed hugged.
After about a 10 minute conversation, we ended up saying goodbye.
"It was good to see you. Take care blah blah blah..."
We stayed within eye contact of each other the rest of the time.
He came back 2 more times. One of the times he said...
"Have you even got cobbler yet?"
I said...No cause you haven't gotten any for me.
Next thing I know he came back with a bowl for me.
(I still know how to work it;)
He and his friends left before me and my friends.
I got in the car and poor Emily had to witness it.
I let out a scream, and then started crying.
We went and got Chocolate Chip Cookies from McDonald's.
BUT....
with all that said. Seeing him might have made me stronger.
Of course I still feel for him.
Of course I miss him
but I am strong and I am confident that everything is going to be okay.
I don't want someone that doesn't want me back.
I want someone that says..."See that girl. She is MINE!"
I will get that eventually.
Relationships like this...make me stronger! :)
I'm happy and good...

2 comments:
OH MY GOSH! What are the horrible odds!? I am sorry you had to go through that. Terrible!
Way to be strong and still no how to work it! Is this where you met the boy from the other post?
Post a Comment