Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What Now?

By no means do I want pity. And by no means am I asking for sympathy.
I just need to express my feelings...
Have you ever felt that no matter what you do...it's just not good enough?
We have all probably been in similar situations where, someone comes out ahead of you. Or you were so close yet so far at the same time.
Maybe it was something you worked really hard to accomplish but then when the time came...you didn't do as well as you had hoped.
I feel as if this keeps happening to me.
I didn't know I could create so many tears as I have in the past week.
I have turned to my family and friends for help because I know that without them...
I wouldn't be able to stand on my own two feet.
The feeling of vulnerability is one of the scariest things...
and to have to depend on others is even scarier. (for me at least)
I have turned to my Heavenly Father.
The scriptures.
And to my testimony. (It's times like this that I'm grateful for the foundation of my existing testimony)
But what do you do when you feel that somehow all of that just isn't good enough?
What do you do when you feel all you have worked for isn't good enough?
How do you go from being so comfortable and safe to scared and completely confused?
Those are just a few of the things running through my head.
I know I have talents and ambitions.
But I also know my limitations...
no one has ever said to me "you can't do that, you aren't smart enough."
I have never felt that being a dental assistant was a job to be embarrassed of.
I have taken pride in my job.
Excelled in my job.
Worked hard at my job.
My work has been my family. Past and present employees.
So what happens when you feel like that is no longer an "acceptable" thing for you to be doing?
(If i had it my way...I would have stopped being a Dental Assistant years ago and have been raising children by now)
But unfortunately I have to look at other options.
Life hasn't dealt me the cards I thought it would. But I have made the best of it. Put a smile on my face (always) and have NEVER given up.
So what happens when you feel like giving up?
You feel like it just doesn't seem to be enough?
You just keep on keeping on...
I AM good at that.
I just need the strength and faith to do it.
I literally feel physical pain, emotional pain and stress beyond belief.
So what now?
Where do I go now?
Only time will tell...
*Insert prayers for Suzie here*

5 comments:

rachel said...

I have to tell you that I have been struggling with these same feelings lately and I wanted to do a post almost exactly like this. While that probably doesn't bring you any comfort, I hope you at least don't feel so alone. It never feels good to feel bad about yourself and the things you've worked for but what I am taking solace in right now is that I do what I want to do. I love my job and it brings me lots of happiness - and I don't need a Masters degree or anyone person to validate me or make me feel good about my choices. This comment might be WAY off of what you intended when you wrote this post, but hopefully writing it out gave you the venting closure you needed to help you heal. I'll put you on the DC temple roll on Friday :)

Aubrey said...

I love Rachel's comment and couldn't agree more. I'm so sorry for whatever is making you feel this way, but speaking from personal experience you are so good at your job!

Michael, Michelle, Lil, and Pay-pay said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

xiaolong13 said...

Been there. Will probably be there again some day. All I can say is Amen and hang in there. Been there enough times to know if I just do what I can and stay true to myself, things seem to work out eventually.

Celebrate the good times, and lean on the people who love you through the not so good times.

xoxo

emily gibson said...

Girl...I know it hurts but kick "a" and take names anyways. :) If anyone can come up on top it's you. I have all the faith in the world!! Love you.