Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 24

Day 24: A letter to your parents.
Dearest Dad and Mom,
I wish I could truly put into words how I feel about you. But I don't think words can describe.
I feel like such a lucky girl to have been placed in your family and under your care.
Growing up, I always knew I had a place I could call home. I never felt like I couldn't come to you and talk to you about things. You have always been not just parents but friends to me.
I know it wasn't easy when we were little. You made so many sacrifices for us girls. Dad, I know it wasn't easy for you to be gone weeks at a time, sometimes months. Traveling across the country so that we could be provided for. But you always did and never complained. Mom, you always said their was no where you'd rather be than in the home with us girls. Speaking for all us girls we appreciated you being home with us so much. You weren't just a stay at home mom. You were so much more.
I'm so glad now that I'm an adult., we LIKE and LOVE being around each other. I love the times when I spend with you. I cherish them. Thank you for supporting me in everything I've ever wanted to do. You two have been such a great example of how a marriage should be.
I hope one day I can find someone and that our relationship can be half as good as yours. You love each other so much and it shows! Many of my friends tell me how awesome my parents are, and how sweet your relationship is. It shows. You two are amazing! Thank you for all you have done for me, all you will do for me. Their is no other family, parents or place I'd rather be.
I LOVE you so much!
Love,
Suzie-Q


P.S
Happy Birthday month parents! :) Mom's is October 2 and Dad's is October 27!

1 comment:

~Emily~ said...

Way to make a girl get misty-eyed, SHEESH! Every single word you said is true. Your parents are FANTASTIC people!!