Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I should have known...

Ya know...
I should have known when I woke up that it was going to be ONE OF THOSE DAYS.
Got up...did my usual morning routine.
Got dressed, started putting on my shoes and realized...I FORGOT to put on a bra!
How does a DD forget her bra?!?
So...
I laughed and quickly put it on, very grateful I didn't walk out the door like that.

Drove to work...
decorated the office for a co-workers 30th birthday.
We all waited for her to walk in and see the cookies, brownies, eclairs and decorations when...
SHE
walks in crying because she broke up with her boyfriend. (on her birthday)
She goes home...
I'm the only assistant at the office.
then..
here is the kicker!
I put an xray in the processor, walk out of the dark room when SMACK I hit my head so hard on the corner of the  pano machine. (You know the one that goes around your head)
Immediately my eyes start to tear up...but there is no way I'm going to cry.
My insides are quivering, my toes are tingling...
I look in the mirror and i have a huge DENT in my head!
That's right a DENT!
It's starting to bruise and I broke the skin just a little.
Sooo...
It's finally the end of the day and Bruce asks if I want to see his new truck. (He bought it while I was in Cali and he hadn't driven it to work since)
I walked out with him and see a Ford F-150.
It was a big truck but not a BIG truck...
this is what comes out of my mouth!
"Oh wow! I like it...it's not one of those trucks where guys feel like they have to compensate if you know what I mean."
he looks at me weird...
and i say...
"You know, like short man syndrome"
I start rambling trying to eat my words, dying inside and he says (while laughing)...
Suzie, I'm 6'3!
Dangit!
Total Blonde moment....
I blame it on the fact that my brain was rattled today from hitting my head!
Here's to hoping a good nights rest will make for a better day tomorrow! :)

3 comments:

emily gibson said...

Stories like that is why I love you!

wjmom said...

Love. It.

But I hope today is better!

Shirley said...

Ohhh Mannn it is not Monday today is it???