8 years ago...
My mom went visiting teaching at a ladies house.
They're cat had just had a litter of kittens and showed them to my mom.
She instantly fell in love with a cute grey fur ball with blue eyes.
She brought her home to see all of us and we knew we needed her.
She was to young to leave her mom so she would come to our house everyday and visit until it was time to leave her mom.
My dad LOVED her and we'd always joke that he chose her over us kids....
She was the perfect cat...was so cuddly and always wanted to be around us.
Every day when i came home from work she was on my bed.
When my alarm went off in the morning she'd run in and greet me with lots of kisses (licks)
I hated it then but I would give anything to have her kiss me now.
She was an indoor cat..but would occasionally sneak out and go on a nature walk.
Always stayed close to the house and loved laying under our trees.
When I got home from Vegas she was acting weird...
by Tuesday night she was lethargic and un responsive...
So...
Wednesday my Dad and I took her to the vet...
here we are on our way I was so sad for her...
she had lost 1/3 of her body weight and was severely dehydrated.
They did some blood work, gave her an IV and said they'd have the results the next day.
The next day came and we found out she was poisoned...
(just as a background...there has been some horrible things happening to cats in our neighborhood...a cat was found burned, 3 are missing...just awful.)
We knew this wasn't an accident...
they showed us how to give her IV's and gave us a syringe to feed her since she wouldn't on her own.
Told us that if in the next few days she wasn't eating or drinking on her own it was probably best to put her down.
She hadn't improved much since Wednesday. And today our poor sweet Shasta died in my Dad's arms.
To some it may just be an animal...but to us she was just like a family member...
We are heart broken.
I would give anything to have her laying on my bed purring and licking me.
She was to young to go...and the fact that it was an act of violence makes it rough.
:'(
I took this picture about 3 weeks ago. She was laying on my chest purrying like crazy!
I love you Shasta and am so glad you aren't suffering anymore.
You were a perfect kitty!



5 comments:
Oh dear, I am so sorry. I wish there were better words :(
I'm so sorry. Losing a pet is losing a family member. I know how your dad loved Shasta, too. We will be thinking of you.
Suzie I am so sorry! I am thinking of you and your family! I don't even know what to say, my heart hurts.
I still feel so bad for you guys ~ what a sweet kitty! :'(
IM SO SAD! Suzie I'm sorry to hear that. I totally know what you mean by member of the family! I really hope they can find who did this to your cat and charge them! Sorry again
Post a Comment