Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sweet Words...

It's amazing how sweet words can help heal you...
The doctor had been emailing my parents to get updates on Shasta's condition.
On Sunday night my Mom sent him this email...

Rick,
It is with much sorrow that we inform you of the passing of our sweet little Shasta. We want to thank you for the wonderful care and kindness that you showed to her. We loved her very much and wish we could have done something more. Thank you again.
Brent and Luanne Robertson and Family.
She attached this adorable picture of baby Shasta sitting on a pumpkin. {How fitting that she died on Halloween.}
The next day on Monday my parents received this email back from him.

Oh, Brent, and Luanne. 
I was so sorry to read that Shasta had passed away. How heartbreaking. I suppose we can't be too surprised--her lab values and overall condition were so severe, but we were all hoping she could pull through.

Yet, as sad as this is, I can't help but feel happy for Shasta that she was yours. I could tell from your expression and words, Brent, that she was very important to you, and I know her life with your family was truly wonderful - just not long enough.

Thanks for letting me see first hand the love you had for her.
With sympathy and great respect,
Rick

It's amazing how much kind words can help the healing process....
What a great doctor. I love when you can tell someone truly loves there job and goes above and beyond.
Thanks to all of you for your kind words and love!


No comments: