Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Run...Drive...Sleep...Repeat?

Another race for the books....
This one was such a blast. I was pretty nervous going into this one because I only knew 2 people and it was out of state.
But, it couldn't have turned out better.
Thursday after work I was picked up in a van with 4 married men.
Drove to LV and shared a hotel room with them...(at least I got a bed all to myself. :)
Woke up and the race began...
Here we all are at the start of the race. We actually had a pretty late start time...
Since I was in Van 2 we wen to the next exchange and waited, and waited oh...and waited some more.
My first run was in the dark around 8:30 pm.
The next 2 legs were night runs...here is the morning dessert isn't it pretty?
We met some friends a long the way! haha
They came right up to our van!
Our team name was the frenchies so we ran with a baguette...it was shellacked and sticky.
But everyone loved it.
People yelled out at us BONJOUR, GO FRENCHIES...it was worth it. :)
Here I am finishing my final leg. Can you see the excitement in my face!
Poor Amy and Tiff had to wear the head lamp and reflectors vest for all the legs.

Waiting for Tiff to run by...she was our last runner and we were ready to be done.

There she is running to the finish...isn't that insanely beautiful the moon and the sunset!
Yay! We were finally done...Most of us got the Saints and Sinners medal too.
It took 30 hours to run 195 miles.
Not too bad if you ask me!
And finally Van 2!
I may have only known 2 of them at the start...
but by the end we all knew each other really well..
We laughed really hard and I couldn't have asked to be put with a better group of people.
There is something about these races that you can't explain.
GO FRENCHIES!


2 comments:

Team Beardshall said...

Ha ha, so fun Suz! Still love the frenchies theme!

wjmom said...

I'm so, so glad you had such a good time!