Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"Dreams do come true!"

 A little miracle is happening in my family.
I've been really hush about it because I didn't feel like it was my place to say anything yet....
BUT
my older sister finally blogged about it. So I knew I could.
Here is Marianne's post word for word.
Get tissues ready! You're going to need it! :)

Grace has started an intensive physical therapy program at a place in Provo called Now I Can and we are SO EXCITED about the progress she has made! The techniques were brought here from Poland and this facility is the only one like it in the United States. I absolutely love her therapists, especially Sergio (maybe it's because he told me today that I look like I'm in my early twenties. Ha!) and feel so encouraged by the progress she has made. Grace has been in physical therapy programs for her entire life and we have never seen her do the things she has been able to do after only a few days here!

We leave for Provo every morning at 7:00 am and get home around 1:00 pm. She spends four hours a day, Monday through Friday, working so hard and I can see her getting stronger and stronger everyday. Her first couple of days she would scream and cry because the treatment "hurt" her. In reality, the PT's are teaching her body how to move properly and aligning her joints and muscles, and since her body had never felt those sensations her brain wasn't sure how to process them. Now she goes each day and is excited to be there, but those first few days were very difficult for all of us. It is very emotional for me to see Grace experience these new things, and to see the progress she is making. My sweet mom comes with us each day to support me and to help me with the girls. What an angel she is. Sergio is completely confident that in time Grace will walk COMPLETELY unassisted. No walker, no crutches. I feel like every dream I've ever had for Grace is slowly coming true, and I can hardly contain myself.




this video is AMAZING!



And here is where you'll need the tissues...she walks ALL BY HERSELF. No crutches and no walker!
Grace's first steps!

8 comments:

~Emily~ said...

No WAY, I started bawling before I even finished the paragraph way up there!

YAHOO, go-Gracie-go!! You're so amazing, strong, smart, and pretty!! Everyone is cheering for you.
Much love sweetie! (from Suzie's blonde friend, Emily)

I'm Mindy. said...

Oh how sweet!!! That is so wonderful!

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

That is amazing! I'm so happy for her and the whole family.

Michelle said...

Good thing I'd already seen this video or else I would have totally been a wreck! This is so miraculous and beautiful. Thank goodness Phil and Mar looked into this and decided to do it. It's truly amazing. I am SO happy for Grace! She deserves this. I can't even imagine the joy Phil and Marianne must feel. They deserve this too. I can't wait to see how much more progress she'll have. This is beautiful!

Aubrey said...

Amazing! I love Now I Can. It's such a great place. I can't wait to read/hear more about her progress.

T said...

Suzie--Thanks so much for sharing the story and video. I got my infamous "goosebumps" watching Grace walk for the first time!

Team Beardshall said...

That is amazing! Way to go Grace! She is so lucky to have such a loving support system to help her realize her dreams!

Denice said...

And I'm bawling...she is such an inspiration and I couldn't be more thrilled for her and her progress! Give her loves for me!