Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Another one bites the dust...

I met someone...
and (gulp)
 was starting to fall in love...
I have only done that once in my life.
THIS 
was different. He was different.
He was everything I could have imagined. Perfect.
Treated me like a queen. We communicated better than I have with any other guy.
We had instant chemistry.
As he and I both said...
it was a whirlwind relationship from the beginning.
It seemed flawless.
The people around me saw a change in me.
I was happy and giddy and felt really at peace.
I learned from past relationships. He KNEW how I felt. I told him, I showed him...I couldn't hide it. It went both ways...neither one of us wondered where the other stood.
4 months went by and things seemed great.
UNTIL...
Yesterday.
In the middle of my work day.
Through a (22 minute) phone conversation I was told he needed space.
I said..
"Space as in we don't see each other as much?, or space as in you don't want to see me anymore."
his response:
"Space as in I think it's best if we don't see each other."
I literally felt like I had been punched in the stomach.
I held back my tears...
I wasn't going to cry in front of him.
I kept thinking....this can't be happening.
But it did.
I was standing in the back of my office building outside, sitting on a tree stump.
It started to rain a bit...and I couldn't help but think that was a little bit ironic.
One thing I do know is how much people care for me.
I sent out a mass text to my family and told them so I wouldn't have talk about it when I got home.
I went back inside and got my patient back.
It was hard to work...my mind was somewhere else. 
The tears flowed even though I tried to stop them.
I'm going to be okay. And dang it...if there is someone even BETTER for me out there than he was...I can't even imagine the joy that will bring me.
"Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith."
 -Thomas S. Monson


10 comments:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Hugs, hugs and more hugs Suze. Love you!

Team Beardshall said...

His loss, love you tons!

wjlarsens2 said...

nuts suzie! nothing but respect and admiration for you!!! you are such a great example of poise and grace.

Lisa and DJ said...

:( Not much to say other than you're amazing and sometimes life sucks. I love your raw honesty. Hang in there. :)

Ry and Kris Jones said...

He broke up with you over the phone?! Um, yeah, there is definitely someone better for you out there. That says a lot about his character.

You are such a great woman. I love you.

Shirley said...

BETTER is right...! Hang in there Suzie Q time will heal. XO

rachel said...

I'm sorry :( I'm especially sorry that words don't heal us, only time does. Onward and upward and maybe soon we both will find Mr Right !

Madsen Clan said...

I'm sorry Suz!! I love you!!

wjmom said...

*sniff, sniff* I'm so sorry!

~Emily~ said...

*hugs*
I am still so stunned...does not add up. But things WILL get better! You only deserve the BEST!!