Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Uplifted

I feel so uplifted and completely grateful.
I got so much out of conference this time.
I thought all the talks were geared for me.
Like they were talking exactly to me.
I found things I need to improve on...I figured things that inspired me...and things that went straight to my heart.
My two favorite talks had to have been President Monson's on Temples.
Made me want to go to the temple more often. We are so lucky to have so many temples within minutes of us. Yet, we make excuses to not go.
That is on my list. To start going WAY more than I do.
The next was
Elder Scott's
the way he spoke of his wife and mother of his children was so touching.
Such EMOTION!
(He has always been my favorite to listen to)
He presents his talks so well...
He touched me.
Made me cry. More than just cry sob! Tears streamed down my face like a waterfall!
When he said:
"His heart weeped for those who have not yet had the opportunity to get married."
I sat there with tears streaming down my face.
my parents were at the hospital visiting Jeff and I got a text from my mom that said
"I love you"
It couldn't have come at a more inspired time. I needed that then.
He also said:
“It is so rewarding to be married. Marriage is wonderful. In time you begin to think alike and have the same ideas and expressions. You have times when you are extremely happy, times of testing, and times of trial, but the Lord guides you through all of those experiences together. . . . Marriage provides an ideal setting for overcoming any tendency to be selfish or self-centered.”
Makes me excited for my future.
My heart is full!

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

So true. On the note...we should do dinner and the temple again.

Michelle said...

One word to all of this....AMEN!!! :)