This past weekend was just what the doctor ordered.
I did absolutely nothing.
I needed that. Life is so busy and I usually pack my schedule so full I barley take time to breathe.
So, I opted out of a quick weekend trip to Lake Powell with some friends to instead just lay low at the house.
Friday night--I ordered takeout and read a book. {you heard me right I SUZIE, picked up a book}
Saturday-- I slept in and stayed in my Jammie's until 12 pm. Got in the pool and laid on a raft, read more of my book and then ran a quick errand to target with my mom.
Later that night I took the long walk next door and had a BBQ at Marianne and Phil's for her birthday. Got thrown in the pool {Thanks a lot Marianne...}
Sunday-- was just as nice...went to church, {which btw the stake patriarch told me i looked beautiful which made my entire day} taught YW and then came home and stayed home the rest of the day. After all it is a day of rest. ;)
I am SO grateful to keep myself busy and LOVE doing all the fun things in my life, BUT it was so nice to just drop everything...take some time and just do NOTHING!
I did absolutely nothing.
I needed that. Life is so busy and I usually pack my schedule so full I barley take time to breathe.
So, I opted out of a quick weekend trip to Lake Powell with some friends to instead just lay low at the house.
Friday night--I ordered takeout and read a book. {you heard me right I SUZIE, picked up a book}
Saturday-- I slept in and stayed in my Jammie's until 12 pm. Got in the pool and laid on a raft, read more of my book and then ran a quick errand to target with my mom.
Later that night I took the long walk next door and had a BBQ at Marianne and Phil's for her birthday. Got thrown in the pool {Thanks a lot Marianne...}
Sunday-- was just as nice...went to church, {which btw the stake patriarch told me i looked beautiful which made my entire day} taught YW and then came home and stayed home the rest of the day. After all it is a day of rest. ;)
I am SO grateful to keep myself busy and LOVE doing all the fun things in my life, BUT it was so nice to just drop everything...take some time and just do NOTHING!

4 comments:
Um what book are we reading? And is it good? Yes nothing is a blessing sometime!
It's Eat,Pray,Love. It's pretty good so far! :)
Sounds like a nice weekend. I'm looking forward to a pretty low key weekend this weekend.
I am so glad that you took time for yourself. You just need to do things like that sometimes. You are such a gift in all of our lives and we're all so lucky to have you!
Post a Comment