This morning started out super early! Like 4:45am early! Emily was sweet enough to let me crash at her house last night since she lives close to the U, and that's where the race started. She even drove me to the race. I experienced my first race alone. I didn't have anyone to run with. I started alone and finished alone and am super proud of myself for doing it. Here I am right before we left the house.


The race started at 6am. There were tons of people there and I just love the atmosphere of this race. It's fun and energetic. You run along the parade route for the last half and a lot of people cheer you on. I felt really good running the entire time.

And here I am finishing the race. I was so proud because I beat my time from last year by 9 minutes
Yay! Last year I felt icky afterwards and this year I felt great. It was so nice of Emily to be there for me at the finish too! My parents couldn't come because of all the crowds and with my mom's surgery it's hard for her to walk long distances and there were TONS of people there. So sweet Emily stayed.

Yay! Last year I felt icky afterwards and this year I felt great. It was so nice of Emily to be there for me at the finish too! My parents couldn't come because of all the crowds and with my mom's surgery it's hard for her to walk long distances and there were TONS of people there. So sweet Emily stayed.

And here we are chilling on the grass while I took a breather and drank some powerade and water.
Afterwards we went to Einsteins and had a big bowl of fruit and bagels.
I love the way running makes me feel. Stay tuned for the next race I will be running in the near future!
I love the way running makes me feel. Stay tuned for the next race I will be running in the near future!

7 comments:
super cool suzie...i hear ya about a "runners-high"...i am liking it more and more---YIKES!!!
9 minutes...that's amazing. I'm so proud of you. I thought of you all morning while I was running. It was so hot, but hopefully you finished before it was too bad. way to go!
YAY!!! That is great Suzie! What race was this???
I am bummed that I was out of town. Sounds like a blast! I guess I didnt know you were running because I could have told you that Nicole ran as well! What's the next race? Maybe I am running it too.
YOU GO GIRL!!!! (Okay, I know I can not pull off a "You go Girl!") But I am very proud of you, you are amazing! Seriously I could never run like you do, you are so awesome!!!!!!!
You're freaking awesome Suzie! I wish I could have been there. Great job!!!
@-Mindy, this was the deseret news days of 47 10K
@-Amy, Dang, I wish I'd known Nicole was running it. And I'm running the provo trail half August.7
@Shelly, I know you would have been there if you could.
@Everyone else, Thanks for the sweet comments! ;)
Post a Comment