Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

7 years...

With *tears* in my eyes I write this post.
WHY?
Because no matter how much time passes, my emotions still know how to get the best of me.
Today
March 20
would have been my 7 year wedding anniversary.
And I'm not crying because I am sad about not being with him.
Or the fact that the wedding didn't happen. I thank my luck my stars that it didn't happen.
I would have been a sad, lonely, broken person If I had chosen to marry him that day.
But luckily with my family by my side and my amazing supportive friends.
I was strong enough to walk away from that. (More like run)

I became who I am today because of that experience. I grew SO much and figured out who I was.
One thing he did give me...
was the gift to know that I CAN love.
Knowing love does exist.
I often wondered If I loved him at all...
I did!
I fell hard for him.
But with that said...I also know that I can love someone so much more than I loved him.
Make sense?
I don't think I will ever allow myself to fall as fast and as hard as I did with Tom.
My walls have just grown too much.
I was a young naive girl at the time.
Now as a 30 year old...I'm more cautious.
And that's okay.

I feel like I just rambled. wow.
Today is MY anniversary of making the best decision of my life SO FAR...


4 comments:

~Emily~ said...

Honestly, I think that is the BEST way to look at it!

Luv yer guts xo

emily gibson said...

Thank gosh you didn't do it. You're so much stronger for it!!

Marianne said...

7 years already? Wow! I am so proud of the decision you made.

rachel said...

What a beautiful and heartbreakingly honest post. I admire your courage and your grace. Happy anniversary :)