Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

What a day...

Today was what you would call a lump in your throat, hold back the tears kind of day...
For many reasons.
First: Seeing a fatal accident this morning. It was awful. I was stuck on the freeway for a good 20 minutes. Only to see a semi blown up and caught on fire.
A car was going the wrong way down the freeway and slammed into a semi. How sad!
Second: I went to the O'Donoghues to babysit like I've done every Wednesday for the past 6 1/2 years. But today was different. It was the last Wednesday I was going there. Because the youngest Paige is now going into 1st grade. I have watched her since basically birth (2 months old) and now she's all grown up. I'll still go and see the kids some weekends but still...what am i going to do with my time on Wednesdays now?
When I left Paige cried, I cried and Heidi cried.
Third: I went to a dinner with my sister and her girls. It was a spinabifida support group dinner. It was a beautiful site to see so many people with the same disability as Grace. We even saw a woman with a family 3 little kids, a husband and SHE was the one in the wheelchair. Gave hope for Grace one day...
Fourth: Dessert and a movie with the bestie. Eat, Pray, Love. It was pretty inspiring and had me choked up a couple of times. It was kind of slow at some points but a pretty good movie overall.
How do you wind down from a day like this? I guess It's time for me to go count some sheep...
Maybe I'll sleep on the couch to switch things up a bit....

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Thanks for the goose bumps!