Just an ordinary girl...living in an extraordinary world!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dirty Dash

Dirty Dash = 6.2 miles of running in the dirt, mud, obstacle courses, mud pools, slip and slides and a TOTAL BLAST!
I don't really know how you could prepare for this event.
My team consisted of:
Nicole, Candace, Ashlee and Hilary!
Everyone was super fun and energetic which made it that much better...
we dressed up as 80's aerobic instructors.
Let me tell you... we rocked the spandex.
Here I am at the start striking a pose! :)
So...when it was our turn to start we did the countdown from 10...
The first obstacle was with in 10 feet of the start.
A muddy hill with the sprinklers going.
Mud was flying everywhere and everyone was soaking wet.
The next obstacle was about a mile up, jumping hay barrels.
Then it was crawling through tubes 3 different times.
Next was the climbing walls...
not your typical climbing walls...pools of mud on both ends.
You literally started sinking as soon as you stepped in it. And the landing straight into mud.
We ran through tires army style...
A long the way there were pools of mud...no joke when i say pools.
You had to jump in and climb out!
Then we ran a long a marshy lake. Little flies were swarming our feet and it smelled like death!
Everyone was just laughing so hard. I would look at my team and almost die of laughter cause of all the mud on there face and bodies. But then I realized I looked the same too!
After what seemed like running forever we hit the "Slop and slide".
It was a blow up slide that had 5 different slots so your team could all go at the same time.
We ran and jumped and slid down.
I went superman style face first. Got up ran down it and jumped on my butt!
Then you land into a pool of mud. Trying to run through this was hilarious cause you just kept falling down.
We could then see the finish line...the final stretch!
It was just like a pig pen.
Climbing into mud basically crawling across and doing that again 3 times.
I didn't get a picture of it but my friend AMY did..(she ran it with a different team, and the picture doesn't even give it justice.)
I'm so glad we did this.
Here we are after the race COVERED in mud!


This was such a fun event!
WAY harder than I expected....
and SOO worth it!
As we were walking back to the car they had a shoe drop off where you could donate your shoes to charity.
I didn't think my shoes could be saved and needed new running shoes anyways so I felt good about leaving my shoes.
On the way to the car I ran into my friend Aubrey...
She had already cleaned up.
We stopped for a photo!
Playing in the mud = A day I won't ever forget!
Such a fun event. I highly recommend it...My team was such a blast to run with!
LOVE IT!

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

So much fun! I'm glad you already blogged the details. I might have to copy:) Your team looks like you had such a great time.

~Emily~ said...

Looks & sounds like you guys had the ideal team! Candice was showing me all the cuts on her leg today from the race. . .I'm not so sure I could've handled the craziness, kudos to you cuties!

Team Beardshall said...

Seriously I love the 80s theme.....and the fact that you didnt take a shower up there! Ha....just sorry we didnt see you guys. You look awesome though, maybe we'll have to do it again next year!