*Sigh*
Everyone has their own trials, and everyone is entitled to their own opinions right?
Tonight has been one of "those" nights.
A few things provoked this.
first: I texted (we will just call him C) you know the boy who likes to date me when HE wants to date me. Anyways I said..."Hey, if you don't have late meetings tonight...maybe we should watch a movie?!"
his response was LAME!
I just hate that everything is on HIS time.
He'll text me when he wants to...but if I suggest we do something...it's inconvenient for him.
BLAH!
It's been over a year...don't you think I should be over it by now!?
And....
why do I let him kiss me when HE wants to...when he seems annoyed if I simply send a text.
THEN
I get a text from someone that was SOOO unexpected. (We will call him R)
basically over the weekend I met a guy I used to dates friend.
It was random and funny.
We were introduced and he responded with...
"Is this THE Suzie?"
I looked at him so confused.
And he said..."Oh, I used to work with R)
So...we had a good laugh about that.
So then, tonight I get a text from R out of the blue....
"Kyle said he just met you."
K, ummm... how am I supposed to take that? It's been 5 MONTHS since I've heard from you!
I'm just so over this dating thing.
How many more years, months, weeks am I going to have to deal with this trial?
Sometimes I feel like I'm the ONLY one that is in this situation.
It seems like every time I turn my head someone is newly pregnant or engaged.
And don't get me wrong...I'm so happy for them BUT the selfish part of me hurts.
I watched family home videos the other day...and it made me sad to see how little Lorianne and Julianne were. Such a huge age gap between them and I and yet I'M still the one alone..and they are married.
One day right!?
One day I will understand all of this!


6 comments:
I hate the phrase "I know how you feel" but it feels very appropriate right about now :) My roommate and I were talking about this very topic tonight. She is also 28 and and utterly fabulous! I just don't get it and I definitely don't get boys but what are we to do about it? If you know what to do please clue me in.
My roomie admitted that this was a tough week because the one girl she thought would never get married just got engaged. I have a few of those in my life and one just got married. My friend Kristy used to always say "there is a top for every pot". I used to think that the pots that were shaped oddly or had some chips on them would have a harder time finding their top but I realized that their tops spot them more easily because of their "uniqueness"! Make sense? Geez - now I'm rambling.
No advice here - I'm having an ice cream and cupcake filled weekend with my super fab roomie. Wait, I have a bit of advice - stop texting that boy, you are so much better than him. Remember, if a boy likes you he will call/text/email/facebook, etc. Basically he will make himself a huge nuisance but if you like him back it's endearing :)
Have a better weekend! Remember - you're darling!
No answers, and I have no idea what to even say. But I'm sending you lots and lots of love! (Just wanted you to know...)
I love you Suzie! I wish I could make it all better. I do agree with the advice though of not worrying about that guy anymore, especially if you feel that way. Feelings like that will just intensify as the relationship continues, in my opinion! So if you feel like he is annoyed now, what would happen if it got even further? You deserve someone who will be happy when you text and can't wait to see you and hear from you!
Love you!!
You poor thing! I hate that your trial is lasting so long. It just doesn't seem fair. I'm glad we were able to hang out that night and talk about everything. Your day will come. It's just taking it's time getting here. (dang it!)
Just keep doing what you're doing. And as far as the C-situation...i've been telling you to drop that moron for a long time and i'm still sticking to that opinion. He's a waste of time! LOVE you Suzie Q!!!!
Next time you feel like you're the only one, call me! It doesn't make it any easier, but I'll remind you there are lots of us not married/not engaged/not prego. I'm with you though. I'm so done with this.
Post a Comment